Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Slow Cooker-Sunset Chicken

Here's another recipe from Sandra Lee that I tried a couple of weeks ago but I am just posting....bad
blogger:-)
Sunset Chicken


5 quart slow cooker

4 mixed bell peppers cut into thick strips

2 lbs chicken breast tenders

salt and pepper

2 tbsp salt free citrus herd seasoning

1 cup Catalina dressing

2 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate,thawed



1. Place bell peppers in bottom of slow cooker

2. Season both side of chicken tenders with salt,pepper, and citrus herb seasoning. Place in slow cooker on top of bell peppers

3. In a small bowl,stir together Catalina dressing and orange juice concentrate. Pour in slow cooker over chicken.

4. Cover and cook on low setting for 3 to 4 hours.

I actually used bone in chicken breast(it's what I had in the house) and cooked it for 6 hours on low.


I served it over rice.


The prep time was fairly quick. Less than 10 min.


The dish is quite tasty. I would definitely make it again but this time with the tenders just to see how it comes out.

Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade slow cooker recipes 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment