Monday, February 22, 2010

Green Monster Smoothie?

I have heard so much about this smoothie that I decided I was going to get the ingredients this weekend and try the darn thing.
Welllll my green monster smoothie was more like a purple moster smoothie(see pic below).
I have to say that I only used half of each ingredient listed becasue my hubbie was already gone for the morning and I didn't want to end up with too much.
The smoothie was quite tasty. I didn't even taste a hint of the spinach which is what I most afraid of when setting out on this adventure. I am going to try again tomorrow without cutting the ingredients in half and see how I make out.


Here's the recipe:
2 cups spinach
1 cup silk vanilla light soy milk
1/2 cup blue berries,raw
1 banana
1/2 cup ice

I have seen different variations of this recipe so don't be surprised if you see it elsewhere changed up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment